In the report there are a number of very valuable interviews with industry leaders (like Seth Godin) that you should check out in addition to the findings of the Technorati research contained in the report. However some of the gems of information I expected based on past years reports was buried in the new format or not apparent at all:
- Only 13% of those who responded to Technorati’s research had found no benefit in blogging with 65% saying that the blog has helped their company to be seen as a thought leader in their industry.
- Only 1% of businesses update their blog less than once a month – the rest post more frequently.
- Bloggers are a highly educated and affluent group predominantly male and they listen to the radio.
- 33% of respondents had been blogging for 2-4 years.
- There is a correlation between top ranking bloggers and blog frequency.