Rogers is celebrating small business across Canada this summer by launching their Small Business Centres with Rogers Talks.
In British Columbia, small businesses are the life blood of our economy. Over a million people in the province are employed by these firms.
Rogers Talks provide a networking opportunity for local small business owners. The focus of these events is on helping entrepreneurs learn tips and tricks that will help them succeed in growing their business. We were lucky enough to play a lead role in events at their Burnaby, Richmond, Surrey and Abbotsford locations.
At these events Mhairi talked to other small business owners about ‘How to Maximize your Small Business Social Media to get Better Results in Less Time’.
Here’s a recap of some of the key points.
- Have a plan – one that aligns with your overall business plan, and write it down.
- Determine which social media tools you should use. You can’t use them all so choose one or two and do them really well.
- Get in the habit of listening out for opportunities (and never stop!).
- Make the most of your digital time – do not let cute cats or Donald Trump distract you.
- Share great content that engages and adds value for your audience.
- Make sure your website is social media ready.
- Be authentic and real – find your voice and let your passion show through.
- Put in place tools and practices to measure your success.
- Have fun – most important of all!
Thanks to the team at Rogers, the caterers and technicians who made these events a success.