**How To Get More Likes on Facebook – this is an update of an older post. Go here to see the older one, Get People to Like Your Facebook Page.**
Facebook has become a major alternative to Google when it comes to promoting your business online and driving traffic to your site. As of this week, it boasts a massive 2 billion users. Not only can your Facebook page help bring tons of traffic to your website but the traffic it brings is more targeted, visitors are more likely to visit more pages and they will stay longer. This, combined with the fact that having a Facebook page can help you stay engaged with existing and new audiences, means that Facebook might be a major component of your digital marketing mix if it isn’t already (especially if your product is consumer related!) However, the challenge then becomes how to get more likes on Facebook.
Once you have created a Facebook Page for your organization the challenge becomes attracting the right audience and getting people to “like” and interact with your page. Here are a few tips that will help you get more page likes on Facebook.
Tips to Get More Likes on Facebook
1. Content – there is a popular saying, “content is king” and it really is the key to growing your following. Did you know that only 1-3% of your followers ever see your organic page posts? Shout out to Mari Smith for mentioning that stat at Call to Action Conference this week.
If your content adds value (by that I mean that it grabs people’s interest or tells your audience something they didn’t already know) and stimulates likes, comments and shares, current followers will be more engaged and more new followers will come. Images and videos have the most engagement and using tools such as Canva (the online design tool) are great ways to enhance your visuals. So, take the time to post quality content.
2. Website widget – add a Facebook widget to your website so that people can click from there to like your page. Providing social media links on your website is a great way to increase engagement in the digital space- especially on Facebook. When people visit your website, they may never return but if they visit your site then follow a link to like your Facebook page, you’re more likely to have an ongoing connection with them. That’s why it’s so important to have widgets on your website to form a digital connection.
3. Invite friends – use the ‘suggest to a friend link’ to find and send invites to friends but be selective and only invite Facebook friends who might actually be interested in your product or service. Also, adding a link to your Facebook Page URL to your email signature will drive more people to your page.
4. Create a unique username for your Facebook page URL like ours- http://www.facebook.com/outsmarts -which is short and sweet and branded. This will help make your page easily accessible to potential customers and clients. To do this, go to your page click on the ‘about’ section on the left and then click on ‘Create Page @username’
5. Promote your page – when you are networking both online and off, tell people about your page. Even having your social media usernames (or at least images of the platforms you are active on) easily visible on your business cards is very beneficial! If you use Twitter or other social networks, link and tell your followers in those forums too. Run a photo contest on your page to get more people engaged.
6. Update regularly – update your Facebook page regularly (refer to tip #1 when doing so!). You should update at least once a day but not so frequently that your posts become intrusive and annoying.
7. Place an ad – Facebook ads are highly targeted. Use ‘Promote Your Page’ ads to get more followers on your page by advertising to people in your target area who might be interested. You might be surprised as to how many new “likes” this will generate. You can also boost your posts so that more people see and like your updates. The more that people do this, the more your posts will show up on their timelines.
8. Avoid overselling – it is not good Facebook etiquette to simply use your page for promotional purposes. Use the 20/80 rule and ensure that you only promote your company, products or services 20% of the time (focus the rest of your posts on adding value and building loyalty with your followers).
9. Make your Page Stand Out- humans are visual creatures so make sure to use a great cover image that grabs people’s attention. It could even encourage people to click on the link below. And be sure to use the customizable call to action buttons. Having a call to action button makes your services and products easily accessible to the public. Another way to stand out is to include posts that target your specific audience- relating back to tip #1 (content is king!)
10. Promote your Page – make sure your Facebook Page URL is highlighted on all direct marketing and traditional advertising vehicles, add “Like on Facebook” information to letters, packaging and shipping materials to spread the word in other media. If you have a physical location, you could have a tablet or iPad next to checkout encouraging people to like your page.
11. Engagement is Essential – even though page likes are an excellent indicator of your success on Facebook, it is important to remember that engagement is even more vital. Are people commenting, sharing or actually liking every individual post? Remember to include great images, excellent content and use all the tips mentioned above to increase engagement on Facebook.
We hope you found these tips helpful!
Need some help with your social media? Get in touch with us today.