At Out-Smarts we believe that digital marketing should be easy for small businesses and we know our stuff - we've made it so for hundreds of companies over the years. If you know a thing or three about digital marketing, or if you are just starting out and passionate about learning the ropes, if you want to make a difference for entrepreneurs and established organisations that are doing good in the world then we would like to hear from you.
We post opportunities on this page from time to time as they arise. If you're interested please send us your resume via email@example.com. Out-Smarts Marketing would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Title: Marketing Specialist - Contract – Entry Level
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Status: Full Time – 3 Month Contract - with a reasonable expectation for renewal
The Marketing Specialist role touches on every aspect of Out-Smarts Marketing services. The ideal candidate is a multi-talented digital marketer with an appreciation for design who embodies our values of professionalism, efficiency, fun and doing good in the world. This is a virtual role and requires the candidate to have an appropriate home office setting and equipment as well as the confidence to assess and initiate projects independently.
Responsibilities will vary and are likely to include:
- Manage Social Media presence for Out-Smarts Marketing & its clients
- Online Market Research
- Google Adwords set up, maintenance and Analytics reporting
- Social Media Advertising - set up and maintenance
- WordPress maintenance
- Proposal and presentation development
- Email and social media campaign management
- Website design project management
- Content writing
- Business development
This position provides the opportunity for the specialist to be exposed to all aspects of digital marketing including, website development, strategy, research, search engine optimization, social media and email marketing across a wide variety of industries.
• 1 - 2 years in a marketing role
• Minimum College / University - in Commerce, Business or Marketing
- Social Media skills – Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter (including advertising on these platforms)
- Proficiency in MS Office or Google tools
- Knowledge of the basics of SEO
- Familiarity with the processes around website design and development
- Organizational and admin skills to effectively complete tasks on time and to a high standard
- English proficiency (written and verbal)
- A team player who is self motivated and eager to learn
- Ability to work independently, to show initiative and to meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and innovative thinking
- Achievement motivated to work with Out-Smarts to set and surpass realistic goals
The following gets bonus points:
- Familiar with WordPress or other CMS
- Ability to use Canva or design tools like Photoshop
- Experience of using social media from a business perspective
- Familiar with Google Analytics and Adwords
- Familiar with Mailchimp
- Familiarity with HTML / CSS is an asset
- Great storyteller with a good sense of humour
- Self-confidence to take the initiative to improve work practices
- This is a virtual position – must have the ability to work effectively on their own
- Full time
- Flexible work hours
- Monday to Friday
- 3 Month contract starts immediately
Starting salary $40k
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Out-Smarts Marketing would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Out-Smarts Marketing is an equal opportunity employer.
Subscribe to our Newsletter